Prayer Topics for December 2012
Please use these prayer topics throughout the month to inform your daily prayer time, new topics will be posted at the start of each month by the prayer and pastoral support group.
“Loving God, we praise you that all you promised to do was wonderfully fulfilled in Christ, may this Christmas season remind us that you are the one on whom we can always depend, always trust. Amen.”
- SUNDAY – Spiritual renewal: Pray that during this month of Advent as we prepare to celebrate the joy of Christmas that the minds of people will be turned to the gift of God to our world, his Son Jesus Christ and give thanks.
- MONDAY – Christingle: Pray for God’s blessing on the children of our Parish as they attend the Christingle Service on Christmas Eve to celebrate and understand the true meaning of Christmas.
- TUESDAY – Churches Together in Bispham: Pray that the churches in Bispham reflect your community and unity, may there be Godly harmony, shared ministry, mutual support and encouragement in faith. Pray that God will pour out his blessing on them all and remind them that strength, comfort and hope can be drawn from him.
- WEDNESDAY – Family Life: Pray for all families in our Parish, especially those torn apart by separation or divorce, suffering family illness or from the trauma of losing a loved one. Pray that God will pour out his blessing on them all and remind them that strength, comfort and hope can be drawn from him.
- THURSDAY – Our Armed Forces: This Christmas when thousands of Service men and women will be away from their families, many facing difficult and dangerous situations we pray that the Lord will bless and protect them all and keep them from harm.
- FRIDAY – Our Community: At this special time of year Lord, make us all aware of the needs of others in our Parish, help us all Lord to reach out and lift the spirits of the lonely and infirm by a kind word.
- SATURDAY – Hospitals: Bring before God all who are in hospital at this time and pray that they will be reassured that He will never leave or forsake them and that He will minister His peace to them at this difficult time in their lives.